Choosing the right property is a critical decision for any business. At PRDnationwide Norwest, we know that renting a commercial property, especially for the first time is exciting but sometimes daunting, so we have prepared a guideline of the process involved:
1. Once you have found a suitable property, submit an offer in writing to the Landlord. The key points to include are the term of the lease, the rental amount, the start date and the bond. Your PRDnationwide Norwest Leasing Agent will be able to assist you in putting together an offer, and can provide you with a template to use.
2. Once your offer has been accepted, you will be required to pay a holding deposit to take the property off the market. This is generally one month's rent and is non-refundable should you change your mind. It will however form part of your bond once you sign the lease documents.
3. The lease documents will then be prepared based on the terms you agreed and sent either directly to you or your legal representative. Once you have read through the terms and conditions, you will be required to sign these in duplicate, and to organise payment of the balance of the bond, together with the first months rent and outgoings, together with any legal costs.
4. The documents are sent to the Landlord for signing.
5. Once your bond and rental payment has cleared you will then be provided with a set of keys to the premises.
If you need any assistance finding a property for lease, please click here to contact us.