PRDnationwide will only collect personal information:
(a) Necessary for its function or activities;
(b) Fairly, lawfully and not in an unreasonably intrusive way;
(c) Wherever reasonable and practicable, directly from the relevant individual;
(d) If reasonable steps are taken to notify the individual of;
• the identity of the organisation, and how to contact it;
• the fact that the individual may gain access to the information collected;
• the purposes for which the information is collected;
• the organisation, or the types of organisations, to which PRDnationwide usually discloses the information;
• any law that requires the information to be collected; and
• the main consequences for the individual if the information is not provided.
Use and disclosure
PRDnationwide will only use or disclose personal information;
(a) in ways that the individual would expect;
(b) in ways that the individual has consented to;
(c) for direct marketing where:
• the information is not sensitive (for example, information about political beliefs, sexual preferences and health information);
• it is impractical to seek the individual's consent beforehand;
• no charge will be made for a request not to receive direct marketing communications;
• the individual has not made such a request;
• the organisation gives the individual the express opportunity not to receive direct marketing communications; and
(d) in ways that are required by the public interest (for example, law enforcement and public health and safety).
PRDnationwide will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up to date.
PRDnationwide will take reasonable steps to:
(a) ensure the personal information it holds is kept secure and protected from misuse, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
(b) destroy, or permanently de-identify, personal information which is no longer required.
PRDnationwide will make this Policy available upon request.
Access and correction
PRDnationwide will subject to certain restrictions, provide individuals with access to personal information about them upon request, and take reasonable steps to correct that information if it is shown that it is inaccurate, incomplete, or out of date.
PRDnationwide will not use, or disclose, identifiers that government agencies have assigned to individuals, such as tax file numbers, except in limited circumstances.
PRDnationwide, will, wherever it is lawful and practicable, give individuals the option of not identifying themselves.
PRDnationwide will only transfer personal information to a recipient in a foreign country, if;
(a) the recipient is subject to a law, binding scheme or contract substantially similar to the Australian National Privacy Principles;
(b) the individual has consented to the transfer;
(c) the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between the individual and the organisation
(d) the transfer is necessary for the conclusion, or performance, of a contract in the interest of the individual;
(e) the transfer is for the benefit of the individual, whose consent is impracticable to obtain, but likely to be given; or
(f) the organisation has take reasonable steps to ensure that the information transferred will not be used inconsistently with the Australian National Privacy Principles.
PRDnationwide will not collect information, or an opinion, about an individual's:
(a) racial or ethnic origin;
(b) political opinions;
(c) religious, or philosophical beliefs;
(d) membership of a trade union, or professional association;
(e) sexual preferences, or practices;
(f) criminal record;
(h) the individual has consented;
(i) the collection is required by law, or for other public interest purposes (such as law enforcement and public health and safety); or
(j) other specified circumstances apply.
Anyone who feels that there has been an unwarranted invasion of their privacy should contact PRDnationwide on (07) 3229 3344.
PRDnationwide's contact details are set out below :
32/36 Dogett Street
Newstead QLD 4006
Phone: (07) 3229 3344
Fax: (07) 3221 7744
Further information about the Privacy Principles or PRDnationwide's policies in relating to privacy issues can be obtained from the Privacy Contact Officer.